A fantastic opportunity to volunteer at the Barnsley Aphasia Cafe which opens again on Friday September 3rd!
- Would you like to gain experience in working with people who have had a stroke?
- Would you like to gain experience in working with people with communication difficulties (aphasia)?
- Would you like to volunteer for the charity Speak With IT?
- Would you like to give something back to your community?
- Are you available on a Friday morning?
Speak With IT is looking to recruit volunteers to help out in a fortnightly Aphasia Café, run at the Barnsley Metrodome.
The café is for people who have had stroke which has resulted in communication difficulties. As a volunteer, you would be expected to help out by supporting people with communication difficulties to engage in conversation. Training will be provided.
Please contact Lynne/James to find out more and have a chat about the project.
Telephone: 01924 888608
You can apply via the Volunteer page on our website.
Deadline for applications is Friday 13th August