Position: Charity Fundraiser
Hours: 7 hours per week (one day)
Location: Flexible (Home based during the pandemic; the office location is Wakefield)
Responsible to: Charity Manager
Salary: £4,368 per annum (actual)
Speak With IT are looking to recruit a part time Charity Fundraiser whose role will be to develop general fundraising activities for the charity. The goal will be to secure additional income which will help to ensure the future sustainability of Speak With IT. General fundraising has been hit hard by the pandemic, but we are looking for an individual who is proactive, organised and enthusiastic to contribute to Speak With IT’s ambitious plans. This is a new role for Speak With IT and the fundraiser will be supported in their role by the Charity Manager and Project Support Officer.
Speak With IT is a Yorkshire based charity that helps people with aphasia to improve their ability to communicate using technology. Aphasia can follow a stroke or brain injury and the condition not only affect a person’s ability to speak, read, write or understand language, it can also have a devastating impact on other aspects of their life. Speak With IT receives referrals from NHS Speech and Language Therapy departments in Yorkshire alongside other charities such as Stroke Association. We have a staff team of 3 people and our activities are supported by over 70 Volunteer Speech Support Workers. Due to the pandemic the charity is now providing zoom video call support to its clients from across Yorkshire and staff are all home working. Speak With IT are currently funded until July 31st 2023 by the National Lottery.
The Job Requires:
- In conjunction with the Charity Manager devise and implement a general fundraising strategy.
- A good knowledge of a range of fundraising techniques.
- Ability to identify opportunities to raise unrestricted funds for the charity.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using CRM systems.
- Must share a passion for Speak With IT and its charitable aims.
- Experience of fundraising for charities (desirable).
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others.
- Enjoy working collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and motivate supporters.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter explaining why you are the best person for the role to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the role contact James on 01924 888608.
Closing Date: Monday 22nd February 2021 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held on zoom on Tuesday March 2nd