Project Support Officer Role
Project Support Officer Role
(14 hours per week until July 31st 2020)
Salary: £17,500 pro rata
Speak With IT are looking for an experienced Project Support Officer who will have strong organisational and administrative skills alongside experience of working across a range of different projects. We are looking for a flexible and proactive staff member who will be happy to support all projects, for example fundraising activities, volunteer training and other projects if required.
Speak With IT are a growing charity who were formed in 2011 by people with aphasia and their carers. We are the only charity in Yorkshire whose mission is to support people with aphasia to improve their ability to communicate using technology and supported conversation.
Speak With IT match people with aphasia with trained Volunteer Speech Support Workers who support the person to work on individualised communication goals using speech and language therapy apps and software. We work very closely with NHS Speech and Language Therapists who refer people with aphasia to us. The charity is committed to providing a high quality support service to our clients and volunteers.
This role is offered on a fixed term basis until July 31st 2020 with potential to extend dependant on future funding.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role to email@example.com – The deadline for applicants is 12 noon on Monday 19th August. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th September 2019.
- Provide timely and efficient administrative support to all SWIT staff members.
- Provide good customer service to all parties, managing expectations sensitively and communicating clearly, regularly, in writing and over the telephone.
- Manage the early stages of the volunteer application process, including processing application forms, reference requests and DBS checks.
- Post appropriate information to SLT Network members prior to assessment as well as clients and volunteers ahead of first appointments.
- To monitor, sift and respond where appropriate to e-mails sent to the shared inbox.
- Process volunteer visits reports and add onto Dashboard CRM.
- Input volunteer visits and hardware/software loans into diary system.
- Input Client Referral Forms onto Dashboard CRM.
- Complete quarterly SWIT newsletter with support from all SWIT staff.
- Support SWIT fundraising and marketing activities.
- Add content onto SWIT social media accounts with support from SWIT staff.
- Undertake such other duties that are required commensurate with the role.
- Experience of administrative work.
- Strong customer service background.
- Experience of working within the third sector (desirable)
- Experience of working across a range of external facing projects (desirable)
- Experience of adding content onto social media accounts (desirable)
- Experience of using Mail chimp (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Compassionate and empathetic